Blogland Lane Logo by our own Tessa Edwards

Monday, December 21, 2009

A few Days Late-Leftovers Anyone

I confess-I missed my own party-and what a fabulous turn out.  All day I kept having this feeling that I should be somewhere else....but chalked it up the the busy time of year.  I'm glad the door is always unlocked at Blogland Lane.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have it that way in the real world?  Always unlocked, people coming and going at will and their own convenience?  Now THAT would be a party to celebrate.

Our grad school office was like that-never locked, and you never knew who was going to be in there when you showed up at 2 a.m on Wednesday to work on a paper.  Sometimes we worked, sometimes we said to heck with it made coffee and chatted the night away, sometimes someone was asleep on the couch to get a respite from home.  Good times-just like here.

3 comments:

  1. i agree: i like my house to be like that. it's not unlocked but i like to think there is ample room and space, and something to heat up from the refrigerator.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you didn't make it, Debra. You sound a little like me during the holidays...I feel scattered and constantly feel as if I was meant to be elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew someone was missing ;)

    I felt your presence anyway.

    ReplyDelete