Blogland Lane Logo by our own Tessa Edwards

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Did I Hear 'Party"!

What is a party without good food!  It relaxes everyone and makes friends of perfect strangers.  Food is the ultimate Goodwill Ambassador.


I couldn't do better than Rosa's Deep Fried Squash Blossoms with Chipolte Dip.  The Southwest is full of these wonderful tastes.  They are stuffed with ricota cheese flavored with nutmeg and cardomon. 

Step outside your comfort zone and dig in.  They will make your toes tingle!

Merry Christmas to all my wonderful friends at Blogland Lane!  You are all treasures and I love spending time with you.

8 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm..never had them, but oh how delisicious they look.

    Happy Holidays from the MIA #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are these exactly? Vegetables? Flowers? Beautiful to see. Tell me more about it, please, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, these are stunning to look at and they sound yummy!! I can't wait to dig in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look marvellous! I've always wanted to try these...thanks so much for bringing them, Linda! And Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drool-I missed my own part and now I'm sad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I'll bet very few of you have ever had these.

    Wieneke,
    The blossom is on the squash plant and is usually a large yellowish bloom that doesn't spread it leaves very far. They are best if you cook them the day you pick them. For that reason, you will only find them at farmer's markets.
    After stuffing, you deep fry them and serve with a hot sauce.
    The flavor is native american influenced.

    Debra Kay!!!
    Missed your own party. Now thats pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i had squash blosssoms in italy, lightly fried and stuffed with i can't remember what.

    i nearly died on the spot from their heavenly exquisite taste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Linda: Thanks for your explanation. I hope to be able to taste them once.

    ReplyDelete