Blogland Lane Logo by our own Tessa Edwards

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

IN WHICH BEAR APOLOGIZES FOR HIS LATENESS IN POSTING, AND GETS HIMSELF RE-ACCUSTOMED TO LIFE ON BLOGLAND LANE.

I know; I had promised to put up a picture weekly. But, well, life got in the way of my plans.

So, to make up for my neglectfulness, three pictures of snow in River City (or lack thereof). We went through these in the space of about a week, or so.






Today, temperature reached almost 30 degrees again (which is 86 °F). That is way too hot for a Bear in his right mind (or not). 

I'm going to try to relax a bit more this summer, spend more time at the lake, here at Blogland Lane. I like to swim, so I'll probably be doing a lot of that. But I'll try to be discreet and not scare off you Humans. Imagine, for example, you're out having a wonderful, relaxing swim, and a Brown Bear pops up out of the water beside you. If you know me, your going to pat me on the head or shoulder, and say, "Hi, Bear; great to see you!"  But if you don't know me, you might pass out. Then I'd have to carry you to shore and find some smelling salts. So this is just an advanced advisory: there will be a Bear swimming in the lake, but he is not dangerous. (Only his jokes are.)

Anyhow, I found my tent had survived well over the winter.



These big, sturdy tents made by Woods Canada will stand up to just about anything. Why is why I like them. As did my daddy before me. (And I got a great picture with the sun setting.)

Anyhow, I've found my campfire ring, and I'm going to light up a good fire on, bake up some bannock and some sweet fry bread, and treat you royally when you come by. And if you're a little skitterish around the Bear, just relax. Come up slowly the first time or two, stick you your paw (I mean hand), and if you seem decent, I'll give it a good shake (but not too enthusiastic; I know Humans are more fragile than Bears) and sit you down. 

And if nobody comes around, I'll just sit here and write some poetry. 

Blessings and Bear hugs. 

11 comments:

  1. Nice to see you here...Hopefully there will be a Spring before it jumps to summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seasons are so messed up, I can believe just about anything. Sigh!

      Blessings and Bear hugs!
      Bears Noting
      Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

      Delete
  2. I don't suspect you will want for visitors ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is a bit out of the way, Helen. But I never cease to be encouraged by the kindness of friends and visitors. So I would not be surprised if folks came to visit.

      Blogland Lane is a lovely place, and everyone can make of it whatever she or he desires.

      Blessings and Bear hugs!
      Bears Noting
      Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

      Delete
  3. That's a great looking tent. I might just get one for the living room. Some of us do need to be closer to modern amenities than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your note, susan. I understand entirely the need of some for modernity.

      During the 1930s, my dad was in his 20s and out working for the Bank. He and three friends would put up a big tent like that in a piece of rented pasture, keep the butter down the well, and move into more substantial quarters when the snow arrived (or just before, actually). It was good, but the were some adversities and misadventures. Like when a cow stuck it's head in the tent and gave one of the guys a very sandpapery lick on the face. (True story, according to my dad.)

      Blessings and Bear hugs!
      Bears Noting
      Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

      Delete
  4. Great tent and sounds like a wonderful plan. I can not wait to camp out again. My family and I have such a great time when we go!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Kathy; I hope you get out into a tent, soon. Great way to spend part of a summer! I used to do quite a bit of camping with Boy Scouts, first as a youth, and later as a leader. Lots of fun. Also taught me a lot about self-sufficiency.

      Blessings and Bear hugs!
      Bears Noting
      Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

      Delete
  5. Well, I' m coming for dinner and I'm excited. What shall I bring? Do you like chocolate cake?

    I think we need some activity on blogland lane. Even the shops are quiet

    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your worship; when you come for dinner, a chocolate cake would be entirely in order. There are lots of ants here, and I'm sure they would help us clean up afterwards. One crumb at a time, if necessary.

      Everything is so quiet here, as you mentioned. Some might consider that a disaster, but for an introverted Bear, who wants to swim and write poetry, this is awesome!

      Sadly, there is so little around the community, I had to bring all my supplies from back home in River City. Perhaps my presence will encourage others to stay, and then some enterprising shopkeeper might open up something other than an art gallery or another book store. Art is great — so is food. (Someone mentioned coming to her lot, so that would make total population to be 1 Bear and 1 Human; I'll check that out.)

      Will you be in town often, or will you leave the running of the Lane pretty much to itself? Even the town office seems deserted. If I knew you were coming, I could at least dust off your chair for you.

      Your humble servant ever, madam Mayor.

      Blessings and Bear hugs!
      Bears Noting
      Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

      Delete
  6. I think you should be mayor....

    ReplyDelete