Blogland Lane Logo by our own Tessa Edwards

Monday, October 3, 2011

In Which Bear Encounters Another Person.

There she stood. Middle-aged, very healthy looking. Bright. Nicely dressed. I thought I saw something of a poet in her. 

She gasped. (It's the kind of response I often get, especially when I'm in a new place.) But she did not panic. She sized up her position, backed out of the Office, and disappeared. Very quickly.

"Wait," I cried, in my best Human-sounding voice. 

"I won't hurt you, I just want to chat," I called. Not a great pick-up line; more of a simple truth. A simple, desperate truth.

By time I got to the door, she was gone. Could not see her anywhere.

She knew the community better than I. She new how to hide in it, as well as how to negotiate it. 

Once again, I was alone. Disappointed. 

So, what to do next?

1 comment:

  1. OK...here ya left me danglin' on a string in the middle of Nowhere USA just as I was gettin' into it!!!

    Guess you'll just have to lay in wait at the spot you first noticed her, huh??? Heeeheheh!

    God bless and have yourself a blessed and beautiful day! :o)

    ReplyDelete